350,000 blooming Sunflowers are crafted into a unique design called “Back in Space” celebrating the launch of Spacex and the first manned flight in decades. $1 from every admission supports the Connecticut Children’s Pediatric Care Unit. We want people to reach for the stars in their lives.
Lyman Orchards’ Sunflower Maze, Connecticut’s only Sunflower Maze officially opens this Saturday, July 25 at 9am through August 30.
Fun facts about the Lyman Orchards sunflower maze:
• More than 350,000 red and yellow sunflowers make up this year’s maze.
• The maze is approximately 3 acres in size
• The average time to make it through the maze is about 30 minutes
• The Sunflower Maze has raised over $107,000 for Connecticut Children’s.
• It is Connecticut’s Original Sunflower Maze, now in its 14th year of operation.
“Connecticut Children’s is delighted to again partner with Lyman Orchards this summer and receive proceeds from their annual Sunflower Maze,” said David Kinahan, president of Connecticut Children’s Medical Center Foundation. “We are grateful for the generosity of the Lyman Orchards family, whose support enables our team of pediatric experts to provide the highest quality care for families throughout our community.”
The maze is scheduled to run from July 25 at 9am through August 30 and will be open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for ages 4 – 12 and free for children under 3 years. Visitors can save $1 per ticket by using their Big Y Silver Savings Card. The last entrance to the maze is at 4:30 p.m. For daily updates on the maze and Pick Your own, call our 24 hour hotline at 860-467-4209. Group pricing is available for companies or outings, please contact 860-349-6041.
2020 Sunflower Maze Procedures
Ensuring the health and safety of our customers and employees is at the forefront of our 2020 Sunflower Maze procedures. We understand that we are implementing many changes, and we ask for your understanding and cooperation. Most importantly, we thank you for your patronage!
● If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home and don’t come to the farm, PYO or the Maze.
● You are required to wear a face mask if you are not able to maintain a safe social distance, which is a minimum of 6’ between you and others outside your group—please bring your own mask. This means wearing a mask at the booth/entrance and exit area. You may remove your mask while in the Maze as long as you can maintain safe social distancing. Children 2 years old and younger are not required to wear masks.
● Our employees will wear masks at all times.
● Social distancing will be maintained, 6’ between individuals
● We will have enhanced sanitation practices, regularly cleaning and sanitizing high touch points
● You are requested to wash and/or sanitize your hands regularly and as needed--we’ll have a wash station and plenty of sanitizer available
● Groups or parties will be limited to no more than 4 so as to maintain safe social distancing in the Maze. The exception is there is no limit for immediate family members.
● Maze monitors will be in the Maze to assist in keeping guests from congregating and to maintain safe social distancing.
● The number of guests in the Maze will be limited at any given time to allow for safe social distancing. We will do this by staggering the entering into the Maze.
These limits may lead to wait times especially during busier times and or on weekends.
We encourage you to come during the weekday (Monday through Thursday) or earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon.
● Picnicking activity will not be allowed on the farm or in the Maze area.
● Animals/Pets will not be allowed on the farm or in the Maze.
About Lyman Orchards
Set on 1,100 acres in the heart of Connecticut, Lyman Orchards (est. 1741) is a year-round destination for the whole family in Middlefield. Shop at the Apple Barrel farm market, filled with fresh produce and Lyman Orchards’ award-winning "Hi Top" Apple Pie; celebrate special events and weddings at the Lyman Homestead; enjoy seasonal Pick Your Own fruits and tours of the orchard; golf on two world-class, public 18-hole courses designed by Gary Player and Robert Trent Jones, and improve your skills at the Lyman Orchards Golf Center and Apple Nine Course. For more information, call Lyman Orchards at 860-467-4209, or visit us at lymanorchards.com.
About Connecticut Children’s
Connecticut Children’s is the only hospital in Connecticut dedicated exclusively to the care of children and ranked one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and a Magnet® designated hospital. Connecticut Children’s provides more than 30 pediatric specialties along with community-based programs to uniquely care for the physical, social, and emotional needs of children. Our team of pediatric experts and care coordinators bring access to breakthrough research, advanced treatments for both rare and common diseases, and innovative health and safety programs to every child. Connecticut Children’s is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to improve access to healthcare for all children through convenient locations, care alliances and partnerships.
32 Reeds Gap Rd
Middlefield, CT 06455
700 Main Street
Middlefield, CT 06455
105 South Street
Middlefield, CT 06455