Connecticut's Favorite Day in the Country!
We've been commercially growing fruit on the same land overlooking the Connecticut River for more than a century. It's on this land that you can enjoy being a farmer for an afternoon and pick nearly 100 varieties of fruits from June through October.
It's simple to pick your own at Lyman Orchards. Before coming to pick, always call our 24-hour hotline for up-to-the-minute crop and field conditions, varieties, and current market prices. We update the message as often as necessary (especially in rainy or overcast weather) in order to help you make the best arrangements for your picking trip.
Picking areas are easy to find and clearly marked. Our Pick-Your-Own staff members are very knowledgeable about the fruits you'll be picking and containers for picking and recipe sheets are available at every Pick-Your-Own station.
You must install Adobe Flash to view this content.
Aerial Videography provided by Todd's Aerial Capture
Pick Your Own Calendar
What's In Season
Tips for Picking At Lyman Orchards
In order for you to enjoy picking at Lyman's, we ask that you and all members of your group observe the following information:
- Park safely off the road, in our clearly marked "Picking" parking areas
- For everyone's safety, do not throw fruit, and do not run through the orchards and picking fields.
- Drive slowly and carefully through the orchards, watching for children, adults, and animals that may cross the roads.
- Do not shake or climb the trees.
- Walk carefully through the orchards. To many animals the Orchard is home. Watch for their burrow holes. For this reason, pets (with the exception of guide dogs) are prohibited from entering the picking areas.
- All "pickings" must be weighed and paid for at each designated Picking Booth.
- Pick only what you want. Do not pick fruits and discard them on the ground. When picking, handle produce carefully. Treat the plants and trees with respect.
- Pick only in designated areas. Each day we check the fruits for ripeness and suitability for picking. Picking in undesignated areas will affect the quality and shelf life of your fruit.
- Use only containers provided by our staff, or which you have brought and have had pre-weighed by our Picking Booth staff.
- Children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Most importantly...Have fun!