If you love the fresh flavor of lemon and perfectly grilled chicken, then this recipe can't be beat. The chicken is rounded out with herb couscous for the perfect combination for spring and summer.
1 (4-lb.) whole Chicken, cut into 6 pieces (leg quarters, breasts, and wings)
2 medium Garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Honey
2 teaspoons Lemon zest plus 1/2 cup fresh juice (from 3 lemons)
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 teaspoon Black pepper
2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
2 cups uncooked Israeli couscous
2 Lemons, halved crosswise
2 small Cucumbers, chopped (2 cups)
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf Parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Mint
- Cut chicken wings at joints, separating flats, drumettes, and tips. Discard tips. Set aside 8 remaining chicken pieces. Stir together garlic, mustard, honey, lemon zest, and juice. Whisk in oil until emulsified. Whisk in pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add 3/4 cup garlic-lemon mixture (reserving the remaining mixture in a separate bowl); toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high. Add couscous, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Cool for 10 minutes. Add remaining 3/4 cup garlic-lemon mixture to couscous; toss to coat. Cover; chill until ready to serve or up to 1 day.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium (350°F to 400°F). Using tongs, transfer chicken from the marinade to a plate, letting excess drip off (discard marinade). Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Using tongs, transfer chicken to unoiled grates, skin sides down. Grill, uncovered until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of thighs registers 165°F (13 to 14 minutes per side for legs and breasts and 10 minutes per side for wings). Add lemon halves, and cut sides down, to grate the whole chicken cooks; grill until charred, 2 minutes. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir cucumbers, parsley, mint, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt into the couscous mixture. Divide couscous, chicken, and charred lemons among 4 plates.
Recipe source: https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/grilled-lemon-chicken-herb-couscous