Only 2 ingredients and 3 steps get you this easy and yummy dessert.
1 (29 to 30-ounce) can (3 cups) pumpkin pie filling
1 1/2 cups (354 ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
1/4 cup prepared whipped cream
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
Ground cinnamon, for dusting
1 pinch sea salt flakes
- Strain the pumpkin pie filling:
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and add the pumpkin pie filling to the strainer. Let the excess liquid drip off for 5 minutes.
- Once it’s done draining, add the strained pie filling to a clean bowl.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream:
- Add the whipping cream to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Use an electric mixer with beater attachment(s) to whip to stiff peaks. When you remove a beater, the whipped cream should stand at a point without completely falling over. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Fold the mousse together:
- Add a couple of spoons of the whipped cream into the pumpkin pie filling and gently mix together until combined. This will loosen up the pumpkin mixture a bit.
- Transfer the pumpkin pie filling to the whipped cream bowl and use a rubber spatula to gently fold them together just until combined. Be gentle to ensure you don’t knock the air out of the whipped cream.
- Spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes or one large dish. Place one on top of a kitchen towel spread out on the counter. Tap a few times to dislodge bubbles and help smooth the top. Repeat with the other dishes. If needed, smooth the top(s) with a spoon.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. If desired, top with more whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon and serve.
Recipe Source: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/two-ingredient-pumpkin-mousse-recipe-7966409